- Special Projects
- Notice of RFP to design & deliver projects that create leadership training for people with I/DD
- Notice of RFP to increase access to info for Black NJ residents with I/DD & their families
- Notice: RFP to improve/increase diversity, equity, cultural competency …
- Apply for a Grant
- NJCDD Current Grants
- NJCDD Completed Grants
- Community Innovation Projects
- Leadership Training Support Fund
- Public Policy
- Publications & Blog
- News & Events
The NJCDD began the R-Word campaign to raise awareness to members of the community and the media that the words ‘retard’ and ‘retarded’ are hurtful to people with developmental disabilities and their families, and to encourages the public to eradicate these words from everyday vocabulary.
Advocates frequently hold rallies, and community engagement projects to spread the word to end this hateful language in our homes, our schools, in the media, and in the community we all share.
Learn about the Council’s initiative to put an end to the use of the words “retard” and “retarded” in our schools and our communities. Find out what you can do to participate in this effort, and even request an R-Word presentation at your school!