- Special Projects
- Advancing New Jersey’s Employment First Practices and Policies
- Legislative Disability Caucus
- School Safety Issue
- Community Building Awards
- What’s Your Advocacy?
- Inclusive Education
- R-Word Campaign
- Emergency Preparedness
- DD Awareness Day
- Public Policy
- Publications & Blog
- News & Events
Advocates & Family Guide to Services (Mental Health)
Community Access Unlimited (CAU)
The goal of this project is to develop and disseminate The Revised Family Crisis Handbook for individuals and families seeking information and assistance in addressing dual diagnosis (developmental/intellectual disability and mental health). Using the July 2009 Family Crisis Handbook as a springboard, the grantee developed a list of current resources and detailed contact information.
The guide describes how to navigate the system and defines the key players and their roles in connecting families and individuals to service options. Electronic versions of the handbook and supporting materials are available below.
Additional Information and Resources
• Promoting Healthy Brain Aging in the Time of a Pandemic
• Ability to Launch Autism & Transition
• Aging with Disabilities
• Borderline Personality Disorder & IDD
• Early Recognition of Dementia & IDD
• Everyday Supports-Adults with Dual Diagnosis
• National Task Force-Early Detection Dementia
• Overview-Mental Health Disorders & IDD
• NJ Crisis Response – C.A.R.E.S.
• See Me for Me-Person Centered Positive Supports
• Shared Decision Making-Mental Health-IDD
• Suicidality & IDD
• Voice & Choice-Wellness & Recovery