- Special Projects
- Advancing New Jersey’s Employment First Practices and Policies
- Legislative Disability Caucus
- School Safety Issue
- Community Building Awards
- What’s Your Advocacy?
- Inclusive Education
- R-Word Campaign
- Emergency Preparedness
- DD Awareness Day
- Public Policy
- Publications & Blog
- News & Events
- This event has passed.
RFSPC May Statewide Meeting
May 14 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
Moving Ahead through the Endemic, Coping with Continued Challenges in a Productive Way [Hybrid Meeting]
10AM-12PM Morning session: Given the virus is unlikely to disappear completely, the COVID-19 is becoming less “front-and-center” for some people. Some of us found that increased flexibility and options, such as telehealth, virtual meetings, and parents as paid staff, have become an essential part of their new lives. Many of us continue to face various barriers to access to services.
We are delighted to welcome state leadership to our AM session (10AM to 12PM) of our May Statewide meeting. They will share promising practices and areas of improvement. A panel discussion and Q&A will follow.
12PM – 1PM: Lunch break
1PM – 3PM: Afternoon session Council business
– Paul Aronsohn, Ombudsman for People with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities and their Families
– Mollie Greene, Assistant Commissioner, Division of Children’s System of Care (CSOC), Department of Children and Families
– Jonathan Seifried, Assistant Commissioner, Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), Department of Human Services
– Representative (invited), Office of Special Education, Department of Education
This is a hybrid meeting. There are two ways to participate.
1) VIRTUAL attendance (Zoom)
• You will receive the Zoom link once you registered.
2) IN-PERSON attendance (Liquid Church, 299 Webro Rd, Parsippany, NJ 07054)
• Up to 50 people (The Regional Family Support Planning Council Members are given priority to in-person seats.)
• Registration is required by May 5. People who are not registered may be turned away.
• You will receive the Zoom link, in case you experience an unforeseen schedule change (but please cancel your registration so that someone else can attend).