- Special Projects
- Advancing New Jersey’s Employment First Practices and Policies
- Legislative Disability Caucus
- School Safety Issue
- Community Building Awards
- What’s Your Advocacy?
- Inclusive Education
- R-Word Campaign
- Emergency Preparedness
- DD Awareness Day
- Public Policy
- Publications & Blog
- News & Events
- This event has passed.
Employment First NJ An interagency collaboration Webinar
November 20, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
In 2012, New Jersey became an “Employment First.” It is a national movement to establish “a framework for systems change that is centered on the premise that all citizens, including individuals with significant disabilities, are capable of full participation in integrated employment and community life.” (U.S. Department of Labor).
We are pleased to have a wonderful national leader who will be presenting an overview of New Jersey’s Employment First policies and practices and its best practices and areas for improvement. We also welcome three department representatives that provide interagency support to students in the transition from school to competitive integrated employment.
Presentation and Speakers:
- Employment First in New Jersey (10 AM – 11AM)
- David Hoff, Program Director, Institute for Community Inclusion, University of Massachusetts Boston
- Interagency Agreement to Promote Services for Students in Transition from School to Competitive Integrated Employment (11AM – 12PM)
- Bill Freeman, CSPD Coordinator, Office of Special Education, NJ Department of Education
- Toni Scott, Program Planning and Development Specialist, Youth Services, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services, NJ Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Amanda Gerson, Coordinator, Vocational Rehabilitation and Transition Services, Commission for Blind & Visually Impaired, NJ Department of Human Services
- Q&A (12PM – 12:30PM)