- Special Projects
- Advancing New Jersey’s Employment First Practices and Policies
- Legislative Disability Caucus
- School Safety Issue
- Community Building Awards
- What’s Your Advocacy?
- Inclusive Education
- R-Word Campaign
- Emergency Preparedness
- DD Awareness Day
- Public Policy
- Publications & Blog
- News & Events
- This event has passed.
Accessing the Children’s System of Care for the Supports Your Child Needs
December 1, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Navigating the Children’s System of Care can be overwhelming and confusing. Join us to learn how Perform Care is your point of entry to the wraparound supports and services you, your child and family need. Families of children with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) often don’t realize there is a separate application process to be completed after their initial contact with Perform Care. Once approved, families are presented with new array of acronyms for the available options. The goal of this forum is to empower families to understand the process of obtaining services, what services are available and who provides them.
- Understand how to access services through the Children’s System of Care
by applying to Perform Care
- Understand the Perform Care DD application process
- Understand the role of Care Management Organization (CMO),
Family Support Organization (FSO) and Mobile Response (MRSS)
- Understand the array of services and supports provided under the
Children’s System of Care
- Understand the transition to the Division of Developmental Disabilities
System at age 21.
- Understand how to coordinate services with the school district to ensure continuity