- Special Projects
- Notice of RFP to design & deliver projects that create leadership training for people with I/DD
- Notice of RFP to increase access to info for Black NJ residents with I/DD & their families
- Notice: RFP to improve/increase diversity, equity, cultural competency …
- Apply for a Grant
- NJCDD Current Grants
- NJCDD Completed Grants
- Community Innovation Projects
- Leadership Training Support Fund
- Public Policy
- Publications & Blog
- News & Events
The Housing Navigation Program: Building Capacity to Expand Housing for People with I/DD
The Supportive Housing Association of NJ (SHA) received a grant to deliver training for people who support individuals with I/DD seeking supportive housing. Participants will receive thirty-five hours of housing navigation training for over nine weeks.
Participants will gain an understanding of the planning process, available benefits for housing and supportive services, and various housing options. The training will include resources to gain a better understanding of how housing is funded, developed, and sustained.
Students will learn to design housing plans based upon individual preferences, develop their social capital, maximize their assets, explore their options, and achieve their desired outcomes for supported housing.
Graduates successfully completing the course will receive Housing Navigation certification from SHA.