- Special Projects
- Notice of RFP to design & deliver projects that create leadership training for people with I/DD
- Notice of RFP to increase access to info for Black NJ residents with I/DD & their families
- Notice: RFP to improve/increase diversity, equity, cultural competency …
- Apply for a Grant
- NJCDD Current Grants
- NJCDD Completed Grants
- Community Innovation Projects
- Leadership Training Support Fund
- Public Policy
- Publications & Blog
- News & Events
Barriers to Quality Dental Care for I/DD in NJ
Addressing Barriers to Quality Dental Care for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities in New Jersey
The goal of this one-year project is to assess barriers to quality dental care for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). Recommendations to address those barriers will also be developed.
The needs of people with I/DD and their caregivers will be assessed through one-on-one interviews. A community advisory group will provide guidance. The grantee will work with dental, medical, social services providers as well as consumers, caregivers, and other advocates.
They will partner with Rutgers School of Dental Medicine’s Special Needs Patients’ Clinic in Newark, New Jersey, the American Academy of Developmental Medicine and Dentistry and other community-based organizations.